Tuna & Potato CakesCategory: Mains, Snacks
By: Vicki Younger
Serve with your favourite sauce and salad or stir fried greens. Serves 4.
- 1 425g can of tuna in brine (or salmon)
- 400g potatoes, mashed
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- sesame seeds
Allow potatoes to cool, then add the tuna or salmon and mix well. Add onion, zest, juice, chives and basil and mix to combine.
Add egg and mix well to combine.
Roll tablespoonsful of mixture in sesame seeds and refrigerate for 30 minutes before cooking.
Fry gently in olive oil on both sides over medium heat in a heavy based pan.
Note: I've also used a combination of potato and sweet potato in this recipe with good results. For more excitement add a touch of chilli paste (sambal olek).